Terms and Conditions
Dorset Bird Feed Ltd 2017
1. All orders placed are subject to stock being available - please note that we do not currently have the facility to update the stock status of all products on our website (please feel free to contact us before placing an order to check stock availability). If there is likely to be a long delay or we are unable to obtain stock then we will endeavour to update our website, or contact you providing relevant information.
If the product description page for any of the items ordered states 'PRE-ORDER' in red letters (next to the title) then no payment will be taken for the order.
Payment will be taken immediately for all other orders. If an item becomes unavailable, we will contact you providing alternatives if possible and give you the opportunity to cancel the original order.
All orders from the web can be cancelled for a full refund of the GBP sterling amount paid to Dorset Bird Feed, provided we have not already shipped the goods to you.
2. Order Acceptance - receipt of an order confirmation email from us does not constitute acceptance, or confirmation of an offer to sell.
Additional information may be required prior to shipping of any order. An acknowledgement of your order will be sent to you upon dispatch.
Dorset Bird Feed reserves the right to decline an order for any reason.
3. Payment for goods and delivery including applicable UK taxes need to be made by a method shown on the website, at the time you place your order. Payment is required in complete before dispatching of goods. Where a credit account has been approved invoices shall be payable by the business customer within the agreed time period.
4. Prices are subject to change without notice - however, when an order has been placed we will always endeavour to honour the price advertised at the point of order. In the rare circumstances where we have to increase the price, we will advise you and offer you the opportunity to cancel the order.
Every effort is made to ensure the prices shown on our website are accurate at the time of order. If an error is found, we will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price, or cancelling your order.
5. Goods will be delivered to the supplied delivery/shipping address given to us when placing your order, unless you contact, or are contacted by Dorset Bird Feed to make amendments to that address. If you fail to take delivery we will try and contact you to re-arrange the delivery - we reserve the right to charge a further delivery charge if required.
Every effort will be made to deliver your goods as soon as possible. Dorset Bird Feed will however not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through delays in delivery.
6. All goods remain the property of Dorset Bird Feed until paid for in full.
7. We will not accept claims for lost or undelivered packages until 28 business days have passed, from date of dispatch. Of a 7 day week, 5 of those 7 are usually classed as business days (with the exception of UK national holidays and bank holidays). After 28 business days, if the package has still not arrived we will ship a replacement package or offer a full refund, whichever is preferred.
This will not apply if any option for “NO Insurance”, or similar wording, has been selected at the time of ordering. Refunds will be processed within 14 days after the claim has been made. If we can provide proof of delivery of a package then a refund or replacement shipment will not take place.
8. Any claims for damage or incorrectly shipped items must be made within 7 calendar days after delivery of goods.
9. You have the option to withdraw your order for goods before shipping, and also within 14 calendar days of the goods being delivered. In order to complete withdrawal we require you contact to us either by phone or email to arrange this, live chat conversations through the website will not be accepted.
The only circumstances in which you cannot withdraw your order within the initial 14 calendar days of delivery, is where you have altered or damaged the goods. This can include changes to the software.
10. All our transactions are made in Pounds Sterling (GBP), so a commission/transaction/currency conversion charge may be levied by your card issuer.
If you purchase goods from overseas you may choose to have the amount paid to Dorset Bird Feed for the goods refunded, either through cancellation of your order before it is dispatched, or when returning a product to us. You may encounter currency fluctuations upon the refund, which are beyond our control and we cannot be held liable for.
11. Orders shipped to EU countries are charged the current UK rate of VAT, unless a valid EU VAT number is supplied. Orders shipped to non EU destinations are not charged VAT.
12. Dorset Bird Feed are not liable for any customs duties you may incur when shipping goods internationally. In some countries there may be a restriction on importing smartphones and similar devices, or you as the buyer may need to acquire an import licence. It is therefore advisable you check your appropriate local custom charges/regulations before proceeding with any orders.
If goods are refused import and returned to us, you as the customer may be liable for charges incurred with the shipper, in relation to the storage and delivery back to us of the goods.
13. Goods are not supplied on a trial basis. Where an EU consumer decides a product is not suitable, they can exercise their right to withdrawal from an order, within the initial 14 calendar days of delivery. In the case of business customers where goods are no longer required, they can only be returned at the prior agreement of Clove Technology. They may however be subject to a restocking fee of up to 25% or 20 GBP, whichever is the greater.
14. The privacy and confidentiality of your personal information is important to us. Therefore it is our policy not to disclose or sell information about your orders and products you purchase to any outside organisation. Dorset Bird Feed may use such information to communicate special promotions and offers to you by email or post, unless you notify us that you do not wish to receive such communications.
15. Dorset Bird Feed’s total liability in contract, tort (including nor breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation or otherwise arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of this agreement shall be limited to the price paid for the goods. If you are a business customer we shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit, loss of business, depletion of goodwill or otherwise), costs, expenses or other consequential costs.
16. These terms and conditions do not affect consumer statutory rights.
17. Errors and omissions accepted.
At certain times we offer voucher codes which can be used on the website. These codes are entered at the checkout stage providing discounts on individual products or complete orders. To use a code simply enter the voucher code at checkout. Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or codes. We reserve the right to remove voucher codes at any time without any notification.
We will endeavour to use the most appropriate valid voucher in circumstances where multiple ones are incorrectly given. In the event an invalid voucher is given to us we will process the order without any reduction on the value of the goods.
When placing pre-orders with us please be aware prices on some occasions can be estimations, and whilst we try to ensure accuracy the amount may fluctuate before launch of the product. Payment details are not taken when a pre-order is placed with us.
When the launch date and price of the product are confirmed we will email you, giving you the opportunity to either proceed with payment or cancel your pre-order.
UNLESS IT STATES ON THE PRODUCT PAGE IN RED LETTERS THAT THE ITEM IS A PRE-ORDER PRODUCT YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THE ITEM.
A. If you need to return any goods due to an issue arising, please contact our sales staff to discuss, before sending them back. Quite often we can resolve problems over the phone, or via email.
B. All returns are subject to an inspection before any decision is made concerning their resolution.
C. All returns must have a valid returns number given by a member of staff from Dorset Bird Feed. Failure to return a product with a valid returns number could delay processing and cause errors.
D. EU customers have 14 calendar days from delivery to withdraw from their contract with us and return the goods for any reason. Following authorisation of the return, goods must be back in our possession within a further 14 calendar days. This is a cooling off period which entitles you to inspect the goods as you would in a physical shop.
If goods are sent back to us outside of this period, or are received in a poor condition where there is physical damage to the product, or items are missing from the packaging. Then we reserve the right to apply a restocking fee to your return, which will be dependent on the condition of the product.
E. In the event a Box of Bird Feed proves to have an issue within 30 calendar days from dispatch, and is sent back to us within this time period (or is within 30 calendar days of delivery for UK/EU customers). We will endeavour to offer you a replacement/refund.
F. When returning goods to us within the initial 14 days of delivery, where you have changed your mind and wish to withdrawal from the order, you are responsible for ensuring their safe delivery back to us. Alternatively we can arrange a collection of the goods at your expense. This will normally be dealt with as a reduction in the refund we offer.
G. We reserve the right to levy a handling charge in the event of returned goods being found to not be faulty, where they have been sent back to us after the initial 14 days of dispatch/delivery.
H. Products which have been modified in any way ( for example if a box has been modified ), will invalidate the return authorisation and the goods will be returned to the customer at their cost.